Innovative Programs Offered at
Archbishop Stepinac High School
Archbishop Stepinac High School is known as the standard bearer in curriculum innovation. They provide young men with a highly competitive academic program that leverages their collegiate blended learning platforms and project-based learning pedagogy to equip students with skills to become globally competitive.
What does it mean to be globally competitive? They want their students prepared not just for the world of today but more importantly for the world of tomorrow! Each day technology makes the world more accessible. Therefore, technology literacy is the key to a Stepinac education that opens the doors far beyond their hallowed halls.
Additional highlights of the rigorous academic program include:
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of College and Secondary Schools
- 28 Advanced Placement Classes including AP Capstone Diploma Program
- Over 40 Honors courses
- Over 60 elective courses
- 15 dual enrollment courses with St. John’s University and Marist College
- 4 Honors Academies (Engineering, Finance/Economics, Health Sciences, Law)
- 9 National Honor Societies
- Over 50 AP Scholar distinctions including National AP Scholar.
- Overall Stepinac Average Standardized Test Scores surpass national and state averages.
- Comprehensive programs in Entrepreneurship and Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- Each course is blended with interactive technology platforms: MyMathLab, Mastering Science, MyLitLab, MyHistoryLab, MyLanguage Lab, MyProgramming Lab, Savvas REALIZE, REVEL, among others. These platforms are the same platforms used in undergraduate and graduate programs at the university level.
- All students use Microsoft OneNote digital notebook and Google Classroom.
- Their blended learning program has received recognition from Rice University. In addition, the school was awarded the Executive Leadership Award from Fordham University Graduate School of Education for its outstanding STEAM program.
- Brand new 2,250 square-foot state-of-the-art STEAM center
- Brand new state-of-the-art Finance Lab with Bloomberg Terminals
- Brand new state-of-the-art Health Sciences Room includes The Leonardo Adult Patient Simulator and 3D Anatomage Table
- Brand new Mahoney Library Learning Commons, a multi-purpose center of learning for all students that will boast new technologies and flexible-use furniture.
- 3 Learning Specialists on staff
- Student Internship Program
The work in the Stepinac classroom also revolves around the real-world application of academic concepts and ideas. The Stepinac student seeks original solutions to existing local, national, and global problems. Every Crusader sees it as his responsibility to serve society by envisioning the world differently from how it currently exists. “Our students strive to be ethical leaders that will use their knowledge and skills for the betterment of all humankind,” they note.
Beyond the classroom, students are provided with a diverse range of extra-curricular programs that foster diversity, as well as social, emotional, and spiritual growth based on solid Roman Catholic, societal and moral values inspired by Blessed Aloysius Stepinac.
Archbishop Stepinac High School is not just a school. It is a community. It is a family. Everyone belongs. Everyone is supported. They learn from one another.
For additional information, visit Stepinac.org